Thursday, April 10, 2008

3-21-08

MemMaid app for Windows Mobile:

I have constant memory issues with my HTC 6800 – I have to restart the phone ever morning to get through the day without lockups & display issues. I was hoping that MemMaid would allow me to reclaim the memory that leaks throughout the day, but it does not. I like some of the other utilities it provides, but the main thing I wanted was to reclaim memory.

Zumobi app for Windows Mobile:

On my HTC 6800, it takes about 50 seconds for the app to launch & then another minute to finish loading the tiles.

It consumes about 10MB of RAM, which is a lot on this memory deprived device.

While I like the idea, I think there’s too much wasted space in the display of the tiles & I don’t like that I can’t click on a tile & go straight to that tile.

I would prefer that the “back” button be one of the soft keys at the bottom of the phone, rather than the “Z”.

No comments: